1. Who is eligible to enter the contest?
To enter in Western Canada, you must be a WinField United Canada retail owner in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba. To enter in Eastern Canada, you must be an Ontario independent agriculture retailer who is a WinField United Canada retail owner or non-owner. Each independent agriculture retail branch location can make one entry.
2. What type of projects are eligible?
Put your creativity and ingenuity to the test. Come up with an impactful idea to address a local need in the areas of Mental Health, Hunger, Education or Community. We recommend partnering with a local charitable organization to help plan and amplify your message.
Please note that projects must be initiated within one year of making the contest entry.
Projects that are not eligible to win include lobbying, political, religious, or fraternal activities, labour organizations, and as well as any organization that advocates, supports, or participates in activities inconsistent with the Sponsor’s policies which prohibit discrimination based on protected status including race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran.
3. What are the prizes available to be won?
Four regional winners will win $8,000 for their project. There will be one regional winner for Alberta, one regional winner for Saskatchewan, one regional winner for Manitoba, and one regional winner for Ontario.
Of the four regional winners, one will have the opportunity to win the grand prize, an additional $20,000 for their project.
4. How do you enter?
One representative from an independent agriculture retail branch location can submit an official entry form. Entries must be submitted between 12:00 pm CST on July 18, 2023, and 11:59 pm CST on September 22, 2023.
5. Who can submit an entry?
A representative of the independent agriculture retail branch location can submit an entry. Please discuss the entry with key stakeholders at your retail branch location and consider working with a charitable organization to help plan and amplify your message
6. How will the winners be chosen?
Round 1 Judging Phase: Between the dates of September 25, 2023 and October 13, 2023, all eligible entries will be judged on a 1-5 scale by qualified judges of the Sponsor who will determine the highest scores for the four winners in the applicable geographic regions (one in Alberta, one in Saskatchewan, one in Manitoba, and one in Ontario) based on the following criteria:
1) Does the proposed project support Mental Health, Hunger, Education, or Community initiatives started within a year from contest entry? (20%)
2) Does the entry have a clear plan for effectively utilizing the Prize dollars? (40%)
3) Does the entry clearly depict how the prize money would positively impact the community with the proposed project? (30%)
4) Does the independent agriculture retailer highlight how they are supporting the project? (10%)
Judging Scale: 1-5:
1: Poor. Unacceptable. 2: Weak. Less than Acceptable. 3: Good. Acceptable. 4: Very Good. Above Average. 5: Excellent. Exceptional.
Round 2 Voting Phase: Between the dates of November 1 and November 15, 2023, the four regional winning entries will be posted in an online gallery for public voting at raisethebarn.ca. Legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) will be invited to vote for their favourite entry. Limit: Only one vote (1) per individual per day during the Voting Phase.
The Entry which receives the highest number of votes during the Voting Phase will be the Grand Prize winner. Please see the rules and regulations for more details.
You will need to supply:
• which province you are from and the contact person
o Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba must be a WinField United Canada retail owner
o Ontario must be an independent agriculture retail
• how many retail team members will be involved in supporting the project if approved
• confirmation of the project dates, to show the project work will be initiated within one year
• which charitable organization you are working with (if you are)
• a description of your overall project
• a description of how the project addresses a local need in the areas of Mental Health, Hunger, Education or Community
• how will the prize dollars be utilized
• how the project will impact your community
• any applicable photos or supporting documentation for your project.
7. Can I edit the entry form once I’ve submitted it?
No. Once your entry is submitted, you will not be able to edit it, so please make sure your entry is the best it can be! Please discuss the entry with key stakeholders at your retail branch location and consider working with a charitable organization to help plan and amplify your message.
8. Can I save my entry form partway through and return to it later?
No, you will not be able to partially complete your form and save changes. Please plan to fully complete the form entirely when you have all of the details for your application available.
9. When will the winners be announced?
Round 1 regional winners (four in total) will be contacted on or about October 18, 2023.
Round 2 grand prize winner will be contacted on or about November 17, 2023.
10. How do I vote for the grand prize winner?
Visit raisethebarn.ca to make your vote for the grand prize winner between 12:00 pm CST on November 1, 2023, and 11:59 pm CST on November 15, 2023.
You will need a valid email address in order to vote.
11. How many times can I vote?
You can vote a maximum of once per day with a valid email address. Be sure to mention this when encouraging others to vote!
12. How can I get other people to vote?
Once Round 2, the voting round of the contest opens, you will be able to vote for the four regional winners. The voting period is from 12:00 pm CST on November 1, 2023, to 11:59 pm CST on November 15, 2023. Be sure to post about it on your social channels using the voting link and the #RaiseTheBarn. We suggest working with a charitable organization to help amplify the message.
14. Where can I find the contest rules?
Download the Official Contest Rules PDF here.